Research

New York State University Construction Fund Physical Plant Support Services Documentation Photographs of Comstock Hall, Cornell University

Held by the New York State Archives


Overview of the Records

Repository:

New York State Archives

New York State Education Department

Cultural Education Center

Albany, NY 12230

Summary:
The binder in this series contains photographs of Comstock Hall, part of the New York State College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Cornell University. The binder also contains historical information about the building, along with floor plans and related key.
Creator:
Title:
Quantity:
0.5 cubic feet
Inclusive Dates:
1986
Series Number:
B1455

Administrative History

Comstock Hall, named after professor John Henry Comstock, was constructed in 1912, originally to house the Department of Home Economics at Cornell University. In 1933, the Home Economics program moved out, and the building was taken over in 1934 by the Department of Entomology.

Scope and Content Note

This series consists of a binder containing primarily 94 black and white prints of Comstock Hall, part of the New York State College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Cornell University. The binder also contains historical information about the building - its physical history, original and current uses, and a brief history of its origin and physical changes - as well as floor plans with a key.

Use of Records

Access Restrictions

There are no restrictions regarding access to or use of this material.

Related Information

Related Materials

Series 15821 Architectural Floor Plans and Elevations of Comstock Hall, Cornell University, contains related building records.

Processing Information

This series was originally accessioned on April 15, 1991 as series 15592-91. The series number was changed by Archives staff when an error in applying the appropriate RDA was discovered in June 1996.

Access Terms

Corporate Name(s):
Geographic Name(s):
Subject(s):
Genre(s):
Function(s):